A song a day, keeps the worries away!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Stay the same

This song is actually my friend's song of the day. She was listening to it while drinking her favorite drink after a long two months of life changing events to say the least.

Its a special song for a multitude of reasons. The concept, the lyrics...polished at some places, rustic at others. The music...a mixture of jazz, blues and Arabic. Rahman's voice.

I remember discussing this song at length when I was just getting to know my friend well. And I remember three of us singing it together while playing 'Antakshari' in a long auto ride in the suburbs of Mumbai.

This song, though written for the city of Delhi, can easily be translated to Mumbai or even important people in your life.

Rehna tu, hai jaise tu
Thoda sa dard tu, thoda sukoon!


"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

No comments:

Post a Comment