A song a day, keeps the worries away!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Choti Si Baat

There are probably not more than a couple of movies I've seen more often than this one. Its one of the cutest movies ever made - simple, entertaining and insightful. I don't know who this actress is, but she's so right for the part! Amol Palekar, on the other hand, is at his usual best. Colonel Julius Nagrendranath Wilfred Singh has given my so many kicks and highs as a kid. I thank my mom for introducing me to this genre of cinema and Choti Si Baat is my favorite amongst the lot.

I hope this song had a piano version. I can even imagine it in my mind's ear. The song has a beautiful melody and is sung with casual brilliance. Maybe the next time I get my hands on the piano, I'll try this out.


"Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow"

1 comment:

  1. Hotel Gaylord mein chai :D Btw, Vidya Sinha is the actress (if you were too lazy to google, I didn't have to though ;) )

    ReplyDelete